We where told this morning that it was likely that James would come off ECMO, but it depended on the surgery schedule and how James was going.


Given that, we spent most the morning in ICU waiting to find out if it was going to happen or not.


A bit after three o’clock, we where kicked out and told it would probably take a couple of hours to get him off ECMO.


A hour later the surgeon gave us a call to tell us he was done and all went well, but the next couple of hours they’d be watching carefully to see if the little guy was coping.


So far he’s doing well, hopefully we have a couple of uneventful days and then they’ll close his chest.